Sport and Recreation is holding a weekend of courses on how to help prevent and manage sports injury on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 November at Borambola Sport and Recreation Centre near Wagga Wagga.
The Sports Safety Weekend is ideal to assist clubs and volunteers to meet their injury prevention and management needs or for those involved in sport who would like to obtain a:
- First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate; and/or
- Sports Trainer National Accreditation plus Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) ID card.
Southern Region Manager, Eric Brooks said, injury prevention and management is a vital part of sport at all levels and these courses provide a fantastic opportunity to gain the skills required to help effectively manage injuries.
“The courses are suitable for volunteers, coaches, parents and students - anyone who is required to provide first aid and sports injury care for athletes and sports teams,” said Mr Brooks.
Accredited courses include:
- Provide First Aid & CPR course
- Provide First Aid is the minimum qualification required for the workplace first aider and for those providing first aid in sport. This course also provides a learning pathway to becoming an SMA Sports Trainer.
- Level 1 Sports Trainer course
- This course educates prospective sports trainers, teachers, coaches, administrators and parents on the basic principles of sports medicine.
- Combined course (Provide First Aid & CPR course and Level 1 Sports Trainer course)
- Level 1 Sports Trainer – Re-accreditation course
- The SMA re-accreditation procedure involves demonstrating that you are competent and provides the opportunity to update your skills and knowledge with the latest techniques and information.
Sport and Recreation deliver a range of support and services in NSW to promote a healthy and active lifestyle. From participation and training programs to workshops we work closely with individuals, sporting clubs and associations, community groups and local government to build strong, inclusive and active communities.
Book now! For more details or to make a booking, call 13 13 02 or book online.
- Eric Brooks – 0408 028 139