Child Safe Sport workshop
Sport and recreation clubs have a responsibility to protect children from harm and abuse.
The Child Safe Sport workshop helps to create awareness on how clubs can create safer environments for children and young people.
Developed using materials from the Office of the Children’s Guardian the Child Safe Sport workshop is designed for club committees, administrators and volunteers, the workshop will cover:
- Practical ways clubs can be more child safe
- Child safety policy, procedures and recruitment
- Creating a child safe culture
- Why listening to and involving children is important
- The Working with Children Check
- Link to useful resources, templates and tools.