- Nominations will only be accepted for clubs or businesses commonly recognised as delivering sport or active recreation activities to the general community.
- Nominations for private businesses that deliver sport or active recreation activities are encouraged to apply e.g. fitness clubs, dance schools, group fitness providers.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of staff from the Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation, Care West, Ability Links, and the Benevolent Society.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning clubs will be notified by phone and mail.
*The Mudgee Disability Inclusive Sports Club of the Year Award recognises any sport or physical activity provider who takes significant steps to attract, welcome or include people with a disability in their activities.
Sporting club members, and the general community, are invited to nominate sporting clubs who would be deserving of such an award.
The winning club will be awarded an individual trophy, a framed certificate, and a perpetual trophy.
The winning club will be announced and presented at the annual Mudgee Sports Council Awards in February 2018.
To be eligible for the award the club must:
- Have undertaken the nominated inclusive actions during 2017
- Be based in, and deliver activities for people that reside within the Mid-Western Regional Council area.
How to nominate
To nominate a sporting club, tell us why this club is the most deserving Disability Inclusion Sports Club for 2017. This might include the:
- Time the club dedicates to creating a positive sporting experience for people with a disability
- Positive attitude club members demonstrate towards people with a disability within their club
- Efforts the club makes to attract more people with a disability to their club
- Special programs/competitions the club may run for people with a disability
- Efforts and/or success in improving the disability access of facilities and/or equipment at the club.
Nomination closing date
Nominations must be lodged with the Office of Sport, Orange Regional Office by 4:30 pm on Thursday 30th November 2017.
Submit your nomination
Or nominate online below.