- Nominations will only be accepted for individuals (i.e. not a whole committee).
- Multiple entries from one club or association are encouraged.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel of staff from the Office of Sport, Sport and Recreation, Care West, Ability Links, and the Benevolent Society.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by phone and mail.
The Mudgee Disability Inclusion Sports Volunteer of the Year Award recognises sports club volunteers who make a significant contribution to including people with a disability into their club’s activities.
Sporting club and association members are invited to nominate individual volunteer(s) who would be deserving of such an award.
The winner will be awarded a certificate, an individual trophy, and a perpetual trophy.
The winner will be announced and presented at the annual Mudgee Sports Council Awards in February 2018.
Nominees were recognised under the following criteria:
- Time they dedicate to creating a positive sporting experience for people with a disability
- Positive attitude they demonstrate towards people with a disability within their club
- Efforts to attract more people with a disability to their club
- Expertise and knowledge they bring to including people with a disability
- Efforts and/or success in improving the disability access of facilities and/or equipment at the club
- Encouragement they give to others in the club or association to include people with a disability.
Nominees also need to:
- Have been a volunteer with the club or association during 2017.
- Reside within the Mid-Western Regional Council area.
Nominees for the Disability Inclusion Sports Awards
|Disability Inclusive Sports Club Award||Gulgong and District Pony Club
Mudgee/Gulgong Wolves Soccer Club
Country Fit Gym
Mudgee Park Run
|Disability Inclusion Sports Volunteer Award||Alan Clarke
Katrina and Steve Birt
|Senior Athlete with a Disability Sportsmanship Award||Grace Petrie
|Junior Athlete with a Disability Sportsmanship Award||Ariana Jennese
Nominations are now closed. Winners will be announced at the Mudgee Sports Council Awards night to be held in February 2018.