- Entries must be received by 4:30pm Friday 13 October 2017. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- Entries can be submitted:
• Online at sport.nsw.gov.au/awards
• Via your nearest Office of Sport office in the Southern region
- Nominations will only be accepted for individuals (i.e. not a whole committee).
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations that are submitted by family members must provide a second committee members contact details for verification.
- Multiple entries from one club or association will be accepted.
- Winners will be notified by phone and published on the Office of Sport website
- The winner may be nominated for the 2018 Centre of Volunteering, NSW Volunteer of the Year Award OR the Sport NSW Community Sports Volunteer Awards.
- You may be contacted to provide further information if required.
- The additional club contact (you have provided) may be contacted to verify your nomination.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will be judged by an independent panel nominated by the Office of Sport.
- The age of successful youth (category) nominees may be verified by a formal identification source (e.g. drivers licence, birth certificate, student card) during the judging process.
- Unsuccessful nominations will be held for the following years’ winter round. Nominators will be contacted to certify information is still accurate.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of grassroots sport in country NSW.
Through the annual Southern Region Volunteer Sporting Spirit Award, local sporting clubs can recognise exceptional volunteers for:
- Dedicating their time to the club, association or committee
- Demonstrating a positive attitude while volunteering
- Being a positive role model for other club members
- Bringing expertise and knowledge to their volunteer role
- Giving encouragement to others in the club, association or committee.
- Open category
- Youth (under 25)
The nominee must have been in the volunteer position they are being nominated for during the period between April to September 2017.
Nominees must reside within:
- Southern - Local Government Areas include Albury City Council, Balranald Shire Council, Bega Valley Shire Council, Berrigan Shire Council, Carrathool Shire Council, Coolamon Shire Council, Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council, Edward River Council, Eurobodalla Shire Council, Federation Council, Goulburn Mulwarree Council, Greater Hume Shire Council, Griffith City Council, Hay Shire Council, Hilltops Council, Junee Shire Council, Leeton Shire Council, Lockhart Shire Council, Murray River Council, Murrumbidgee Council, Narrandera Shire Council, Queanbeyan-Palerang Council, Snowy Monaro Regional Council, Snowy Valleys Council, Temora Shire Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council, Wagga Wagga Council, Wentworth Shire Council, Yass Valley Council.
How to nominate
To nominate complete the form below with details of the nominees volunteer roles and explain in 150 words or less why your nominee is the most deserving volunteer. This might include the:
- time they dedicate to the club, association or committee
- the positive attitude they demonstrate while volunteering
- being a positive role model to younger and other club members
- expertise and knowledge they bring to volunteering; or
- how they encourage others in the club, association or committee.
Nomination closing date
Nominations must be lodged with the Office of Sport, by 4:30pm Friday 13 October 2017.
The winner will be allocated $250, and the runner up $100, to spend on a sports development program that the Office of Sport provides or endorses.
The winners may choose to use the prize as an individual or they may decide to share it across a number of people (e.g. members of a team or a board).